October 19, 2023
ECONOMY: Ende builds second transmission line in 500 kV Carrasco – GapsThe project includes the construction of a transmission line of 186.30 kilometers long, from the Carrasco substation, located in the municipality of Entre Ríos of the Carrasco province of Cochabamba, to the Brechas substation, located in the Cordillera province of the Department of Santa Cross.
May 18, 2023
PROFESIONAL: Bolivia will provide energy to Salta localitiesThis Thursday, members of public institutions participated in a virtual meeting and deprived of the energy field of the province of Salta, and the National Electricity Company Bolivia (Ende), with the aim of advancing energy integration between Salta and Bolivia.
May 15, 2023
UNICOM/ENDE CORANI Y ENDE TRANSMISIÓN: ENDE REPORTS ON WIND ENERGY AND HIGH VOLTAGE LINES IN THE NATIONAL MUNICIPAL FAIR EXPO GAMS 2023
ENDE Corporación, through its subsidiaries ENDE Corani and ENDE Transmisión, participated in the second version of the National Municipal Fair Expo GAMs (Municipal Autonomous Governments), held on March 24, 25 and 26 in the municipality of Ascensión de Guarayos in the department of Santa Cruz.
This multisectoral activity was organized by Amdecruz (association of municipalities of Santa Cruz), and allowed the personnel of both subsidiaries to inform the population about the power plants wind that operates from Santa Cruz, and on the importance of high voltage lines for the Strengthening of the Bolivian electricity sector.
March 23, 2023
RUTA DIGITAL: ENERGY INTEGRATION BETWEEN BOLIVIA AND ARGENTINA, ALLOWED THE MAIN COMPANY ELECTRIC FROM THE COUNTRY, IN THE CORPORATION IS INTERNATIONALThanks to the energy integration with Argentina, the main electricity company in the country, in the corporation, Now it is international, this through its subsidiary Ende Transmission Argentina S.A.(Etasa) that is constituted in a agent of the wholesale electricity market of Argentina and is in charge of the operation and maintenance of the Juana Azurduy International Interconnection Line of Padilla in the section of the border until Substation Tartagal in Argentine territory.
December 26, 2022
EJU!: ENDE TRANSMISIÓN 90% OF HIGH VOLTAGE LINES OPERATEThe state company Ende Transmission operates 90% of electric transmission lines of the National Interconnected System (SIN), which represent an extension of 6,670 kilometers and 88 substations, The company general, Filiberto Soto.
October 20, 2022
EL PAÍS: Judicial body returned the 122 million Bolivians retained to the Tarija governorateThe Secretary of Economy and Finance of the Government of Tarija, Lic. Erick Montaño, reported that the judicial body finally deposited in favor of the Departmental Autonomous Government of Tarija (GADT) The 122 million Bolivians held four months ago at the request of the national company of electricity (Ende) for the debt left by the interim governor Lino Condori, for the construction of the Connection project to the National Electricity System (SIN).
October 4, 2022
EL PERIÓDICO: Government still cannot have Bs 122 million retained by justiceAfter ten days of the transfer of Bs 122 million to the company National Electricity (Ende), to fulfill a pending debt for the works of the system National interconnected (SIN), the panorama in the Government of Tarija is of concern, because The resources that were retained by justice were not yet released, as a precautionary measure.
March 12, 2022
DIARIO ENERGÉTICO: Tarija: Authorities inspect transmission projects Electric in Bermejo and the AngosturaAuthorities of the Ministry of Hydrocarbons and Energies, of the national company of Electricity (ENDE) and the Tarija Department inspected this Friday the transmission projects Electric in Bermejo and Angostura, which will allow the connection of Bermejo to the interconnected system National (SIN) and take advantage of the energy of the wind farm the ventolera.
January 1, 2022
ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS IN HIGH VOLTAGE AND EXTRA HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRICAL LINES
Author: Ing. Jorge Pinto Rocha
ENDE Transmisión – Planning Management
The Trunk Interconnection System (STI) of Bolivia is made up of high voltage electrical lines and substations (HV) in 69, 115 and 230 kV, and extra high voltage (EAT) in 500 kV. These facilities generate electromagnetic fields of industrial frequency (50 Hz), the intensity of which depends on the voltage level, electrical power of the transport, geometry of the structure, number of sub-conductors, height of the sub-conductors with respect to the ground, etc. The electromagnetic fields in transmission lines are calculated using typical structures and conductors, and a comparative analysis is presented with respect to the maximum limits recommended by the International Commission on Protection against Non-Ionizing Radiation (ICNIRP 2010).
The calculation of the electric field (E) and the magnetic field (B) of electric transmission lines in Bolivia is carried out using the methodology of the book EPRI AC Transmission Line Reference Book 200 kV and Above 3rd. Ed., Whose typical characteristics are the following:
Haz Cond. (m)
ACSR Partridge 266.8 MCM
ACSR Ibis 397.5 MCM
ACSR Rail 954 MCM
AAAC Flint 740.8 MCM
ACAR 750 MCM
Estructuras típicas en 69, 115, 230 (1 terna), 230 (2 ternas) y 500 kV.
The maximum electromagnetic fields were calculated within (E_ocupacional, B_ocupacional for workers) and outside (E_general, B_general for the general public) of the minimum safety band established in the Bolivian regulation AE 409/2019:
Condition – floor (m)
The cross-sectional profile of the electric and magnetic fields at the closest point of the conductors with respect to the ground (maximum deflection condition) are as follows:
CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- Electric fields for high voltage lines in 69, 115 and 230 kV oscillate between 0.96 and 6.48 kV / m within the safety band, values that are below the maximum limit of 10 kV / m recommended by ICNIRP; Outside the safety band, the values range between 0.20 and 0.96 kV / m, well below the maximum permitted limit of 5 kV / m for the general public.
- The electric fields in 500 kV extra high voltage lines usually determine the installation height of the conductor to comply with the limits recommended by ICNIRP, consequently, it was necessary to increase the minimum conductor-ground height to 11.7 m in order not to exceed 10 kV / m within the safety band; Outside of it, the value obtained was 1.68 kV / m, which does not exceed the permitted limit of 5 kV / m for the general public.
- Magnetic fields for high and extra high voltage lines, in general, are well below the limits recommended by ICNIRP. Within the safety range it ranges from 2.81 to 18.33 µT, and does not exceed the recommended limit of 1000 µT; Outside the safety range, it ranges between 0.66 and 3.85 µT, values below the maximum allowed limit of 200 µT for the general public
- The comparative analysis shows that the high voltage lines in 69, 115 and 230 kV easily comply with the limits proposed by the International Commission on Non-ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) for electric and magnetic fields.
- The electrical gradient for transmission lines at 500 kV calculated at occupational distances (maintenance) marginally meets the limits established by the Standard (ICNIRP 2010). Therefore, geometric variations in the design and construction stage must be reviewed as indicated in the AE 409/2019 standard, in section X. ADDITIONAL CRITERIA, it is recommended to “verify the width of the security strip, and the minimum height of the conductors with respect to the ground and other obstacles in extra high voltage lines (EAT) ”.
- EPRI AC Transmission Line Reference Book 200 kV and Above 3rd. Ed., 2003.
October 13, 2021
ABI: Electric power coverage is expected to reach 94.6% of Bolivian homes until DecemberWithin the framework of the principle of universalization of basic services and thanks to the economic reactivation led by President Luis Arce, the works to expand the coverage of electric power in the country were resumed and it is expected that until December it will be extended to 94.6 % of Bolivian households, reported the Vice Minister of Electricity and Alternative Energies, José María Romay.